Manual Handling Training Course
Manual Handling Training Course runs: Every Wednesday & Friday
Course Duration: 3-4 hours
Venue: C1 Centre Point, Business Park, Dublin 12
The training course can also be delivered at your premises at any time.
This Manual Handling Training Course offers you (or your employees) up to date theory and current manual procedures involved with safe manual handling.
Manual Handling Course complies with Part 4 Chapter 2 of the “General Application Regulation Regulations 2007, Manual Handling of Loads”, which maintains that any staff involved in manual handling will need training in the safe manual handling of loads.
On completion of this Course, You will be able to:
- Manual handling legislation
- Conducting a manual handling risk assessment
- Recognising a load which is too heavy or awkward
- Understand the limitations of the spine and muscular system
- Lift and handling loads safely
- Dangers of careless and unskilled methods
- Principles of levers and laws of motion
- Anatomy of the spine and muscular system
- How the body is harmed through incorrect manual handling techniques
- Importance of physical fitness
- Personal protective equipment
- Lifting aides
This Manual Handling Training Course also requires your direct help in safe manual handling of loads. This includes:
- Lifting to and from ground level
- Lifting to and from a height
- Lifting bags/sacks or other loads appropriate to the workplace
Lifting techniques will then be made specific to your work activities using real-life situations, in your working environment, if possible.
Maximum Participants per Course: 12
Who Should Attend This Manual Handling Training Course: All individuals whose work involves manual handling actions, for example, transportation and/or bearing of loads that includes frequent bending, lifting and putting down, as well as pushing, pulling and carrying, along with moving of heavy and awkward loads, where those actions could lead to the possibility of back injury or other injuries.
Assessment: Once you have successfully completed this programme, you will be required to participate in a practical lifting session and take a written true or false test in relation to manual handling.
Validity Period of issued Certification & Refresher Training: 3 years.
It is recommended that you get refresher training close to this end date. Once you have completed the course on the day, a Guardian Safety Training Attendance Certificate will be handed to you.
Further Information: DVD and laptop/projector presentation are used. Notes on safe Manual Handling are provided for each participant.
Special Instructions For This Manual Handling Training Course:
- Participants must be physically able to partake in the lifting practical.
- If participants are not able to lift for physical or medical reasons, they can partake in the theory and a relevant certificate will be issued.
- Learners must be fluent in English.
Contact us for course dates Ph. + 353 (0) 1 4243013
If you are interested in Patient Handling Training Click Here
How To Book:
Phone + 353 (0) 1 4243013 or 085-7177021
Book online Click Here
The Manual Handling Training Course was excellent. Great presentation. Clear information on all aspects of lifting in the workplace.”
– H. Snell