Special Needs Manual Handling & People Handling for Carers
Next Course Date: Monthly
Course Duration: 4 Hours
Venue: B2, Centre Point Business Park, Dublin 12 or at your premises.
Special Needs Manual Handling & People Handling for Carers Training Course is aimed at meeting the requirements of the “Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act, 2005″ that applies to moving and handling in the workplace.
Workers face many physical demands particularly in relation to lifting, when caring for people with special needs or disabilities. Children and Adults with special needs can sometimes have complex care needs that require the application of proper manual handling techniques, these lifting and handling techniques have to be implemented in ways that ensure the safety of the client and the worker.
The one day course is designed to instruct employees/carers in the theory and practice of safe manual handling for people with special needs. There are two modules in the course with manual handling taking place in the morning and people handling take place in the afternoon.
Our expert trainers can tailor the training sessions to suit the needs for carers working with special needs clients that require manual handling assistance.
Objectives of the Special Needs Manual Handling & People Handling for Carers Training Course:
On completion of part one of the Special Needs Manual Handling & People Handling for Carers Training Course participants will be able to:
- Recognise a load which is too heavy or awkward
- Understand the limitations of the spine and muscular system
- Conduct a manual handling risk assessment
- Lift and handle loads safely.
- Dangers of careless and unskilled methods
- Manual handling legislation
- Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment
- Principles of levers and laws of motion
- Anatomy of the spine and muscular system
- How the body is harmed through incorrect manual handling techniques
- Importance of physical fitness
- Personal protective equipment
- How to handle loads safely
- Practice in safe manual handling of loads to include:
- Lifting to and from ground level
- Lifting to and from a height
- Lifting bags/sacks or other loads appropriate to the workplace
Objectives Of Special Needs Manual Handling & People Handling for Carers Training Course:
The second part of the course is highly interactive involving the practical application of a range of lifting and handling techniques in relation to people with special needs. This part of the course is hands on and can be suited to the specific needs of the client where practical.
Guardian Safety Trainers:
Guardian Safety is a FETAC registered training provider and all instructors are fully qualified in Manual Handling/People Handling holding a minimum of FETAC level 6 Manual Handling Instructor and People handling instructor as well as a train the Trainer.
Maximum Participants per Course: 12
Who Should Attend:
Any personnel working with people with special needs or disabilities.
Theory test and practical demonstration.
DVD and laptop / projector presentation are used. Notes on safe Manual/People Handling are provided for each participant.
Special Instructions for This Course:
Any special needs / requirements should be identified at time of booking.
How to book:
Phone 01-4243013 or 085-7177021
[attachments title=”Special Needs Manaul Handling PDF” force_saveas=1 include=”840″]
The Special Needs Manual Handling course was highly informative as well as enlightening and hands on. I would strongly recommend it to other businesses.