Manual Handling Training Course
Next Course Date – Every Friday
Course Duration: 1/2 day
Times: 9.30 am – 1.00 pm
Venue: B2, Centre Point Business Park, Dublin 12 or at your premises
Manual Handling Training Course at Guardian Safety helps instruct employees in the theory and practice of safe manual handling.
To comply with Part 4 Chapter 2 of the “General Application Regulation Regulations 2007, Manual Handling of Loads”, which states that staff engaged in manual handling must be given training in the safe manual handling of loads.
- Recognise a load which is too heavy or awkward
- Understand the limitations of the spine and muscular system
- Conduct a manual handling risk assessment
- Lift and handle loads safely
- Dangers of careless and unskilled methods
- Manual handling legislation
- Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment
- Principles of levers and laws of motion
- Anatomy of the spine and muscular system
- How the body can be harmed through incorrect manual handling techniques
- Importance of physical fitness
- Personal protective equipment
- How to handle loads safely
- Practice in safe manual handling of loads to include:-
- Lifting to and from ground level
- Lifting to and from a height
- Lifting bags/sacks or other loads used in the workplace
Guardian Safety Trainers:
Guardian Safety is a FETAC/QQI registered training centre and all trainers are fully qualified Manual Handling Instructors, having achieved Level 6 in the National Framework of Qualifications. All trainers hold a minimum of Train the Trainer qualification and are fully qualified safety practitioners holding a minimum of a Diploma in Occupational Health and safety.
Maximum Participants per Course: 12
Who Should Attend This Manual Handling Training Course: Any-one whose work includes Manual Handling activities i.e. the transporting or supporting of loads that includes lifting, putting down, pushing, pulling, carrying or moving of heavy or awkward loads, where those activities are likely to lead to back injury.
Manual Handling Training Course Assessment: Practical lifting and a short questionnaire.
Refresher Training & Certification Validity Period: Refresher training is recommended at intervals not greater than 3 years.
Additional Information: DVD and laptop/projector presentation are used. Notes on safe Manual Handling are provided for each participant.
Course Attendance Certification: Guardian Safety Training Attendance Certificate for each attendee of the manual handling training course.
Special Instructions For This Manual Handling Training Course:
How To Book:
Phone 01-4243013 or 085-7177021
Book on-line Manual Handling Training Course
[attachments title=”Manual Handling Training Course PDF” force_saveas=1 include=”838″]
The Manual Handling Training Course was excellent. Great presentation. Clear information on all aspects of lifting in the workplace.”
– H. Snell